Servings 6 Units US
1 deep dish pie shell (9-inch)
1 egg white (lightly beaten, about 1 tablespoon)
5 roma tomatoes (use only Roma tomatoes)
8 -10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ cup green onion, chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the pie shell onto a baking sheet.
3. Lightly brush the bottom and sides with egg white.
4. Partially bake the pie crust for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Layer the tomato slices with the basil and onion into the partially-baked pie shell, then sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
6. In a bowl mix together both cheeses and the mayonnaise, then spread over the tomatoes.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in green onions, salt, dill and garlic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. If the dip is too thick after chilling, stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
1 Large onion
1 Pound cheddar cheese
5 Jalapeno peppers with seeds
1/2-3/4 Cup mayonnaise
2-4 cloves garlic, mashed
Grind onion, cheese, and peppers in a meat grinder. Mix with mayonnaise and mashed garlic. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor
This bread is amazing! It’s a melt-in-your-mouth, can’t-keep-your-fingers-out-of-it kind of recipe!
- FOR THE BREAD:
- ¾ cups Brown Sugar, Packed
- ⅓ cups Vegetable Oil
- ½ cups Buttermilk
- 1 Egg
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1-½ cup Flour
- 1 cup Rhubarb
- ½ cups White Chocolate/vanilla Chips
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- ¼ teaspoons Cinnamon
1. Mix all the bread ingredients together.
2. Generously grease a bread pan. Pour batter into the pan.
3. In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Sprinkle over the batter.
4. Bake at 325ºF for 55-65 minutes or until it tests done.
5. Allow to cool before tipping out of the pan. If you don’t, be warned: it will come out in pieces.
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 small red onion, diced
1 bunch Swiss chard, stems and center ribs cut out and chopped together, leaves coarsely chopped separately
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, or to taste
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste
25 mins Directions
Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the chard stems and the white wine. Simmer until the stems begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chard leaves, and cook until wilted. Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt if needed.
Here’s a Kale soup recipe that Cindy and I have had many times and it is delicious. Grandson Cyrus also loves it and fixes it for his folks from time to time. That in itself is amazing!
- 2 bratwurst links (remove casing and crumble)
- 2 T Olive oil
- 1 Large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 small chopped potatoes
- 2 T fresh parsley
- 1 bunch fresh kale (cut up-ribs removed)
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- salt & pepper
Heat oil in large pot. Add sausage and sauté 3 minutes. Add onions, garlic, potatoes, and sauté for 5 more minutes. Then add parsley, kale, and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer about 45 minutes. Enjoy
• 7 cups cubed peeled potatoes
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• 2 cups chopped onions
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
• 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
• 12 ounces evaporated milk
In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.
Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender (Depending on your crockpot this time can vary from 3 to 7 hours.).
Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.
Use a hand mixer to blend some of the “chunks” to thicken soup. Fix to preference: to thicken further, use potato flakes & to thin soup, add regular milk.