1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and sour cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in green onions, salt, dill and garlic. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors. If the dip is too thick after chilling, stir in milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
• 7 cups cubed peeled potatoes
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• 2 cups chopped onions
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
• 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
• 12 ounces evaporated milk
In a large crockpot, combine first ten ingredients.
Cover and cook on high until the vegetables are tender (Depending on your crockpot this time can vary from 3 to 7 hours.).
Add milk. Stir to blend and heat.
Use a hand mixer to blend some of the “chunks” to thicken soup. Fix to preference: to thicken further, use potato flakes & to thin soup, add regular milk.